Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ummm...Maybe I'm Just (literally) Old School...


Look closely at the ad I got in my email today. Maybe it's just me, but do you find one of the items pictures strange to put in an ad for back to school?



*sigh* I can just picture that family in Happyplace, USA sitting at the dinner table right about now...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dad: *ha ha ha* Oh and Mr. Cooperpot says my $100,000 raise will be in effect next pay...Say honey-dumpling. Did you finish up the kids school shopping today? By the way sugar-schmuples...your pot roast is extra delicious today.

Mom: Why thank you diddy-daddy! I used that recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine that I was telling you about. As a matter of fact, I did finish school shopping!

Dad: So you got their backpacks?

Mom: Yes dear.

Dad: And all of their notebooks?

Mom: Yes my hunka-hunka-burning love. I got that and the 50 folders, the scissors, the safe glue...you know...the kind they can't get high on if the sniff it....And I got the 75 pencils, two marking pens, five highlighters, the 3x5 index cards, the 4x6 index cards, the post-its, the protractor, the compass, the wide markers for Jeffy, the narrow markers for Sally, crayons, the 8 1/2 x 11 wide binder paper, the 10-pack of ziplock baggies, the 6-pack of tissue papers, *sigh* and one sock...

Dad: And clothes...

Mom: Yeppers, all monogramed with their names too. It's all ironed and ready to go...

Dad: What about...

Mom: Shoes? Yep Saddle shoes too...

Dad: No maple-puss, I was going to ask if you got their pocket knives. You know, for their protection.

Mom: O'Hell yeah! I ain't gonna let no low-down dirty crapbag try to take my babies stuff without my babies putting up a fight and shedding some blood!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

And here I thought I was done school shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home