Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jack-Of-All-Fridges

See this picture to the left? Yeah, yeah...I know...It's just a picture of a refrigerator...The holder of food - and sometimes adult beverages. It's what helps growing boys grow and 'helps' their moms - who don't want to grow - grow too but the other way. I'm serious. Take a good look. Can you see? Besides the pictures on the right hand side of the fridge, the outside of it looks pretty empty (and pretty clean too thank you very much!). Now just imagine in less than two weeks not only is this refrigerator going to be the 'holder of our food', it will also be the 'school lunch menu display'. It will be the ' gallery of crayon drawings, construction paper montages and maybe even some pasta art' (gee I just love those macaroni noodle necklaces). It will be the 'book log holder'. It will contain the school agenda for the month and all of the parent reminders that - of course - will probably just get lost underneath a picture of me burning dinner that one of the boys made in art class -- amongst the other things it will get lost under. It will hold the (hopefully) many highly graded assignments/tests that the boys will bring home. It will have the neighborhood parent contact list...you know...just in case one of the parents forget to...um...pick up their child at the bus stop. It will have the many PTA notices that are sent home (and boy do they send a lot of them home!). Really just think of my refridgerator as one - overly populated - clipboard. You see, not only is this a fridge. This is the keeper of our lives for the next...oh...10 months.

Oops! I almost forgot! It usually holds my shopping list too. Which reminds me, I have to add something to my list:

...buy more magnets for the fridge...

Or wait - better yet..

...buy a bigger refridgerator...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home