Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Fat...so UPDATE

So it's almost been a month since I posted that I needed to get serious again about my weightloss and for the most part I've kept my promise. I found that I couldn't really do the phase one of South Beach again (I do need some kind of carbs/fruit!). However, I did manage to cut back on a lot...and I mean A LOT...of bad carbs like sweets and starchy foods. I've been exercising for a total of 45 minutes/1 hour (so if I can't get my whole 45 minutes/hour into one workout I just break it down and do some exercise in the morning and some in the evening). I do mostly cardio, but I'm trying to do some weights as well.

Having lost lots of weight before, I learned that I need to not only watch what I eat, but I NEED to exercise. Not only does the exercise help me physically, but I find that it helps me mentally as well. After I exercise I feel so good about myself and it really keeps me - for the most part - in a happy/feel good mood. I find that if I don't exercise for a couple of days I start to get down in the dumps. For me it turns out that exercise is **my** prozac!

I've also learned that I can't beat myself up if I do cave in and have a cookie or a taste of ice cream - or whatever - once in a while. These delicious but oh so bad on the buttocks things will always be around me. I shouldn't have to live to avoid them. I should be able to live with them. It's okay if I have them on occasion (READ: Not EVERY day). However, when I do eat them my servings are not as big as they used to be.

And the result? I've lost this much fat...(Looks lovely doesn't it? ;) )


That's 14 pounds of fat (and maybe some water mixed in there)! My hard work - and my ability to just say NO! to most of those fantastic yummy sweets and starchy foods - is paying off!

I still have a ways to go with my weightloss and I may never get totally there, but ya know what? I WILL BE...heck...I AM healthier and I'm not giving up. Nope - I'm not giving in. It is, afterall, my way of life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kori said...

you are doing a wonderful job! And I actually started WW again with a 3 lb loss on my first Weigh in and you were a big part of the inspiration to get going again Thanks and keep up the great work :)

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home