Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Confessions of a Weenermom

I'm not perfect.

I am not perfect.

I am not perfect.

I am NOT perfect.

I AM NOT PERFECT!



But I'm sure you all know that by now.

As much as I would love to be a flawless human-being, I realized a long time ago that it will never - ever- happen. I have to admit, however, that when I was pregnant with my first son -and had that 'first-time mom halo' on my head - I thought that maybe...just maybe...I could be as close to the perfect mother as I could possibly be. I was never going to yell. I was never going to use foul language. I was going to give my baby the best of everything, amongst other perfect things. Oh and the visions I had of myself - being the perfect mother - running through a field of flowers with my perfect, chunky baby. (Damn those diaper/formula commercials!)

So...How is my quest of being the perfect mother going, you ask? Yeah...well...like I said, I'm not perfect...

Here's my not-so-perfect list from this week alone:

  1. I've used the words 'shit' and 'hell' on multiple occasions this past week (and may have slipped the 'f' bomb once).
  2. Yelling seems to be the way to communicate with them...at least if I want any type of response...
  3. 'Because I said so' seems to be my favorite response.
  4. On two occasions this past week, soup and sandwiches was the dinner of choice (READ: Was the dinner of convenience).
  5. Sometimes it's so much easier to just send them to their room instead of listening to why they are causing a commotion.
  6. Like the boy who cried 'Wolf', Timmy likes to cry 'I need a bandaid!' at the smallest sight of blood. So I didn't run and get him a bandaid right away when he fell on the sidewalk because I thought it was going to just be a slight scratch with a miniscule of blood...Ummm...turns out he really needed that bandaid....
  7. I ripped up a Yu-Gi-Oh card that Christian and Timmy were fighting over. Yep, that was the end of that.
  8. I let Christian watch an R-rated movie.
I'm sure - strike that - I know that there are more 'not-so-perfect' mother-related things that I have done this week. There are many of times when I beat myself up about the bad choices I may have made as a mother, but then I have to remind myself that moms are human and they make mistakes too.

Moms are allowed to be human...Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home