Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Brain Fart

brain fart
n. [brain+fart. Almost certainly a pop-culture, potty-humor derivative of "brain farct" or "brain infarction", meaning a blockage of blood circulation to the brain as in a cerebral infarction or stroke.] The event when one cannot remember a simple concept, idea, or fact that one knows; usually considered to be one step below "tip of the tongue," where one has the idea but can't say it or bring it to conscious thought. Example: "I'm sorry; I'm having a brain fart. What's your name again?"

Recent Citation:

I can't do anything today, I'm having a total brain fart.

I'm having one right now.

You know, I've had the same phone number for over three years now and - for the life of me - I can't remember the darn thing at this very second. However, there is one thing I know for sure though...It's not a 900 number and it's apparently not a catchy enough number to sing to. ;)

There was a time in my life when I had never forgotten a thing. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older or if the kids are sucking my memory dry - or maybe it's both - , but brain farts seem to occur more and more frequently with me. Appointments start to blend in together...People's names are usually forgotten two seconds once introduced and believe it or not, but there used to be a time when I could tell you what I had for dinner three days ago. What happened to me? I don't know where I'm going with this post...Wait...Did I even want to go anywhere with this post?

*Sigh* There goes the proverbial wind blowing out of my ears again. (Hey, but I remember my phone number now!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home