Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Thursday, April 12, 2007

CONFESSIONS OF AN EASTER EGG NAZI...

So Easter came and went this year. Thankfully, everything went as planned and nobody in my house went into sugar-shock. Oh..Oh.. I have to tell you all about my huge accomplishment. I successfully followed through with the vow that I had made to myself last year. No...it wasn't to NOT all of the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs from the boys baskets (I swear whoever came up with those just did so to torture me.). Are you ready to hear this?

I let the boys dye eggs without me hovering over their shoulders and having a nervous breakdown in the process.

Now I don't necessarily call myself a perfectionist because...well...I'm not (Umm...hello? You are reading this over-punctuated, poorly grammared blog, aren't you? ;) ). However, it seems that I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to the art of dyeing eggs. I hate to say it, but I am (was?) the Simon Cowell of Easter egg dye jobs. (Insert British accent -- 'You call that an Easter egg? I wouldn't even put that next to a dozen year old rotten eggs....' - Okay....I'm not THAT harsh...) All of the eggs had to be the right color with no fingerprints - and heaven forbid if colors got mixed together. I knew I had a problem when I told a then four-year-old Timmy that he was going to be banned from dyeing Easter eggs if he didn't let the eggs sit in their assigned cups for the required five-minutes. Ummm...yeah...I know....

So anyway...

I did it. I let the boys do their own thing while dyeing eggs and I' m proud to say that I didn't have any mini heart attacks due to the fact that someone only put an egg in the yellow dye for ONLY three minutes. (making the egg more of an off-white than yellow....but whatever...) Even when it came time to decorate the eggs, I kept my pie-hole shut. And speaking of pies, Christian - using an egg to devote his love for a certain baked good - had the most creative saying on his Easter egg.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Timmy came in a close second with his use of the letter 'n'. He made an egg with the word "nnonn". You see he used all of his 'm' stickers for the eggs that had HIS name on it so when it came time for a 'mom' egg he realized he didn't have anymore m's...so he just put two n's together to make an 'm'.

All in all it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. The reign of the Easter Egg Dyeing Nazi is over....

VIVA LA UGLY EASTER EGGS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home