Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Friday, February 23, 2007

Vegetable Soup For The Bizarre...

Every morning - when I get ready for work - I like to watch the local news and then a little of the Today show. This morning, however, I forced myself to change the channel due to the (over)coverage of the Anna Nicole hoopla. Don't get me wrong, I love me some good hollywood news/gossip, but this is like beating a dead...um...celebrity(?) over the head over and over...(Sorry!)

So anyway...as I was saying.

I was flicking through the channels when I came across an old cartoon on one of the movie channels. Right now I can't remember the name of the movie though I can tell you the main characters were rabbits and it was done in the 1970's. And here is another thing I can tell you... it looked a little scary. The funny thing about it is that I don't think it was supposed to be scary (it wasn't). It was the life-like animation that made it seem somewhat frightening.

I quickly turned the channel and laughed at my reaction towards the movie. As I was laughing, I started to think about all of the programs I used to watch as a child of the 70's/80's. We had some great programs....The Electric Company, Sesame Street, Zoom... *Sigh* - Those were the days.

And then I remembered something...

There was this show that always gave me the willies. It wasn't very good program. Yet, I would still watch it because it always left me mesmerized. The name of the program was called Vegetable Soup. From what I can recall the main character was a spoon...and he sang. It was an odd cartoon. However, it's not the cartoon that I remember so much.

It was something else...

You see, on every episode they had this short skit with puppets. Talk about no budget and waaaay freaky. However, it kept me transfixed and - albeit - a bit dazed. The segment was usually a five minute clip that had these incredibly...how can I put this?...SCARY puppets in them. The puppets looked like children and - let me tell you - everytime I saw them they gave me the heebie-jeebies. Just thinking about it right now sends chills up my spine...

If you don't believe me, here you go!



Yep...I'm still freaked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home