Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Monday, February 19, 2007

Do You See What I See?....


So you say it's a pair of tweezers.
That is correct.
Can you see what the tweezer has in it's grip?
Oh yeah...you probably can't.
I'll just have to tell you.
In between the teeth of the cold, metal tweezers is
one
lone
hair.
It's so tiny that you have to squint to see it.
It's not an eyebrow hair.
It's not a nose hair.
It's a chin hair!
My first chin hair to be exact...
And now that I have one chin hair
I'm sure there will be more to come.
It's bad enough I have to wax my mustache.
But now I have pluck hairs out of my chin too.
Great.
I'm old.
Getting old is so not glamorous, but...

With all of my complaining
And shallowness...

I'm glad I have the opportunity to become
old.
Don't get me wrong,

aging sucks.
Wrinkles are icky.
Nose hairs are just plain WRONG.
But I'm happy that I have a chance
To get old.
To watch my kids grow up.
To see what they will become.
To know that as long as I'm around
They are safe.
And when I become unable to...
They will pluck my chin hairs for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home