Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Friday, February 09, 2007

In Search Of.....NORM!

I love Monday and Thursday night television and I can tell you why too with just two little words.

Sitcom (that's one) Television (that's two).

It's plain and simple really.

I find shows like Scrubs (my favorite), The Office and Two In A Half Men...far more entertaining than say...oh...the gazillion versions of CSI (Isn't there a CSI: Central Falls, Rhode Island?-- It's a city that only about one mile.). I apologize to anyone I may offend with my next statement, but it has to be said.

Reality TV has got to go;

Buh-Bye.
See you later.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass before your 15 minutes of fame is up.

There are so many - too many - reality programs out there and I really do believe they are running out of topics to cover. I'm just waiting for them to come up with a reality show titled America's Next Top Crack Whore. I can just picture it now...an old, worn down lady of the night standing in front of hooker hopefuls saying, "Todays challenge is to see how many Johns you can blow without your fake teeth falling out."(Yeah...I'd probably watch it too. ;) )

So anyway...

Once upon a time sitting in front of the television with your family at night was America's favorite family past-time. (What did you say...that's baseball? Whatever...this is my blog. ;)) I remember at 8pm every night my family and I would put aside the rest of the world to sit down together to watch shows like Family Ties and The Cosby Show. It was our family ritual - our 30-60 minutes of family bonding, if you will. *Sigh* We didn't even have to look at the clock. As soon as we heard the opening song to a show, we were right there singing or humming (pretty badly I might add) along with the tune.

Speaking of which...what has happened to the opening songs for television shows? It seems they are just as obsolete as the sitcom shows itself. I'm sorry but a guitar playing a one-second bit of music doesn't mean as much as "Fish don't fry in the kitchen." And I'm sorry but using songs to popular songs on the radio is cheating!

But I digress about the whole sitcom thing...theme song and all.

Oh well. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll at least make a reality program about the making of a sitcom television show. (That hasn't been done, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home