Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hoochies, Transvestites and Trailer Trash...

I hate confrontation.

I'm not a confrontational (is that a word?) type of person at all. I try to avoid it at all costs. Call me what you must - a scaredy cat...a wimp...whatever... Only when something gets to the point that I think it is harming me or my children, will I pull that non-confrontational (using the word again) stick out of my ass and will say something. And this is one of those situations.

Let me explain.

My mom watches Mason while I'm at work. It's nice. It's convenient. And did I mention - it's free? For the most part it's great. I know Mason is in a loving environment with someone that I trust..and hey...what better person to watch him, but Grandma. There are, however, some minor downsides to having Grandma as a babysitter. Like she'll sneak extra sweets in his diet (and then wonder why he fought his nap.). And I know she lets him take a cup with him when he naps. As I said before, it's all pretty minor stuff. This new topic I want to bring up to my mom is really nothing big either.

What is it, you ask?

Okay...here it goes...

I want to ask my mom why my 19 month old child is running the house shaking his one arm in the air chanting "Jerry! ", "Jerry!" (but it sounds more like "Jer-we!" "Jer-we!") . It took me a while to catch on to this phrase he was saying. And then it dawned on me...

One day Christian and Timmy were wrestling in the family room (nothing new). The next thing I remember is Mason running over to them chanting, "Jerry!" "Jerry!". That's when it hit me. Apparently, Mr. Mason gets to watch more than just Sesame Street and Dora when at Grandma's house. (Do you see where I'm going with this?) I mean, who would've thought that Jerry Springer was the new Elmo?

Want to hear something funny? Not only do I know that Grandma is the culprit because it's on during the time that she watches him. It's also because when Mason chants "Jerry!" "Jerry!" he'll follow it with a head shake, point his finger and say "No, no!" So it seems my mom is teaching him that the fighting is bad while she is watching show. Go figure.

So...yep...I think I'm going to have that talk with mom. She'll handle it well though and I'm sure Jerry will be a thing in the past.

I guess if I look on the bright side I should be glad that Mason isn't flashing everyone, wearing skimpy halter tops and rolling around in a tub full of pudding. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home