Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Monday, June 26, 2006

Journey to the Center of my...
The couch - or sofa as some may call them - is something almost every person has in their home. They come in different shapes, varieties and sizes. You can have them as simple or as tacky as you'd like. Some are made of leather and some are made of pleather. Some may come in a plaid print and some - like the one my Aunt Donna used to have - may come a in zebra print. Some people like to flock on theirs and some people don't even want you to touch theirs. Heck, somebody you know could have been conceived on a couch....maybe even you.

I take great pride in the fact that we at the Weener-household are flockers. We live in/on/around our furniture. My kids can just take the throw pillows off the couch and throw them onto the floor (that's why they call them throw pillows--right?) and I won't have a mental breakdown. I must admit that the kids are not allowed to eat on the couch. However, kids are sneaky - at least mine are - and I know they sneak a cheesecurl here and some grapes there along with who knows what else. Needless to say, with great pride in our flockerism comes great consequence.

Once in every blue-moon or so, I decide to pick up the cushions and clean/scrape/vacuum/blow-torch out whatever hides underneath the cushions. Yesterday was one of those days after I had come to the realization that I haven't vacuumed under the cushions since right before I had Mason. Did I mention that Mason will be a year old in a couple of weeks? So for those doing the math -- I haven't vacuumed/cleaned-out under the cushions in a year! How gross is that? I must admit that I was a bit worried as I began to lift the cushion off of the couch. I very cautiously pulled up on the cushion...


OH THE HORROR!

Okay, okay so it wasn't that bad, but it was still pretty icky. How icky?--You ask. Well lets get Mason's reaction to the mess:

NOTE: He had clothes on and was clean before the cushions were pulled off!

I bet you are wondering what I found. Let's see...I found a lone gummy bear, crumbs to a variety of who knows what, a pair of Timmy's old Spongebob underwear?, a bookmark, a lone sock, what I believe used to be a grape, some toenail remnants (who I'm pretty sure belong to a six year old who likes to bite off his toenails...yuck!) and 47 cents.

Oh and guess what else I found?


MY KEYS!!!

So...What's under your cushions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kori said...

a rock shaped like a heart (zach found it, loved it, hid it), a plastic egg from one of those vending machines, about 5 pennies, a domino...there also used to be many many crumbs, but I moved everything, vacuumed and then put it all back because I didn't really have any other place for it and besides it makes life interesting don't it? LOL

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd find your keys! Yay!!!
Bren

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home