Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Things a Mother Says
by Me

“No! No! No! No!”
“Because I said so.”
“Is that you with that God-awful smell?”
“I’m right here - you don’t have to yell.”
“Go ask your dad.”
“I hope it’s a fad.”
“Your college tuition?”
“Your future ambition?”
“It’s not nice to say ‘crappy’.”
“I just want you to be happy.”
“Clean up your room.”
“It’s not a sword - it’s a broom!”
“Don’t hit your brother!”
“Because I’m your mother!”
“Did you remember to brush?”
“Did you remember to flush?”
“Let me kiss your booboo and make it all better.”
“It’s chilly outside so don’t forget your sweater.”
“It’s time for you to go to sleep.”
“Your brother is napping -- don’t make a peep.”
“Leave the poor dog alone!”
“That's not how you answer the phone.”
“I asked before we left if you had to go.”
“What do you mean ‘you don’t know’?”
“Stop doing that.”
“A hamster IS a rat!”
“You know you must share.”
“It’s only because I care.”
“Is that your muddy footprints on my rug?”
“Come over here and let me give you a hug.”
“You make me so proud.”
“Hold my hand – there’s a crowd.”
“What did you do to your hair?”
“That’s not how you sit on a chair.”
“Be polite.”
“Off with the light.”
“That costs way too much money.”
“100 times told – and your joke is still funny.”
“I love you so.”
“Where did the time go?”

There might be some things I tell you
that you don’t really like to hear.
I say them out of love, compassion
and –sometimes- even fear.
So when the years have past on by
and I am no longer around.
You will still hear my voice inside your head
telling you that you're too old to be acting like a clown!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home