Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

If All The Cute Boys Were Out At Sea, What A Great Swimmer Weenermom Would Be...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The other day - while I was rummaging through my closet trying to make room for Christmas presents - I came across my old school memory box. The box itself is nothing fancy. It's an old Xerox paper box that my dad brought home from work many, many years ago. Normally I would just toss the box to the side and ignore it, however, on this particular day I opened up the box. Did I mention that I pretty much squeezed a good six years of school memories in there? And boy when I opened it up tons of those memories came flooding back to me.

The first thing that caught my eye was the autograph book that my parents had given me for my fifth grade graduation from elementary school. I used that book for both my elementary and middle school (8th grade) graduations. I haven't looked through that book in years and when I went ahead and read what was written upon those pages, it all seemed new to me. My family had such nice things to say to me on the first pages of the book. There was my mom telling me how proud she is of me and my dad telling me he would love me more if I would tell him that he sings just like Elvis (btw...he doesn't!). There were also things written by my friends and classmates. Some names I remember, some I don't. I had to laugh at the swirly/decorative handwriting from the girls in my class. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket(I don't remember this girl...or what she looked like. I don't think we had a "party in '88 either. ;) )

I looked further in my memory box and found a photo album from my high school days. You know, the time of high hair, lots of eyeliner and American Top 40? *sigh* The good, ole days... The first page in my album has my senior picture. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Originally, I was not thrilled with my senior picture because I looked a lot like my grandmother in the picture. Don't get me wrong, my grandmother was not an ugly woman...it's just what 17/18 year old girl wants to look like their *gasp* grandmother? However, as the years have gone by I really do like this picture not because I look "good" in it but because it reminds me of my grandmother.

There was the remnants from the wrist corsage that my senior prom date (who btw was 6'3" and looked like Randy Travis) had given me. We only went as friends (or that was my take on the whole prom date. Now as far as my date was concerned I think he would've like it to be more than a friend date.) I do recall that there were 10 of us in a limo and when the dance was over we went back to one of the boy's house. We snuck in some beer and played pool the rest of the night. My date tried to kiss me at the end, but I just turned my head. (I know...I'm mean!)

I also found my swim team Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket and softball team pictures Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. I never was the star of any of the teams, but I was pretty good. To think that I thought I was fat then...what was I thinking? Oh to be 118 pounds again! (Shoot I'd take 140!)

I was just about to get further lost into my memories when I was taken back to reality when my pen-tattooed covered toddler threw a matchbox car in my direction. You know, sometimes it's fun to get lost in your memories. But I think I'm having even more fun making memories for/with my boys.

I'm bringing Christian home his very own Xerox box from work today. I wonder what memories he will put inside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home