Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Friday, May 04, 2007

Total Recall...

A couple of weeks ago everyone was notified via television, internet and/or newspaper (do people still read them?) that Listerine was recalling all of their Agent CoolBlue bottles. Now for those of you out there in blogland who have never heard of Listerine Agent CoolBlue it is a plaque-detecting rinse that you...err... your kids use before they brush their teeth. What it does is turn all of the plaque-filled areas around your teeth and gums a blue color. Basically it's supposed to promote better brushing. I have to admit that it is a cool concept and I had no issues of buying Agent CoolBlue when the kids asked me to get it for them a couple of months ago. I thought that maybe it would help get them more excited about their oral hygiene because sometimes getting them to brush their teeth is like...well....PULLING teeth.

In the end Agent Coolblue lost it's novelty on about day four. I do have to say that it did leave the Weener's nice, white ceramic bathroom sink a purpleish/blue color. **I am happy to report that after a bottle of bleach (for the sink) and a Mike's Hard Lemonade (for me) it did come out.** The bottle pretty much just sat on their bathroom counter for about a month...untouched.

And then that day in April came when all of the buzz was about the recall on Agent CoolBlue. I'm not exactly sure why it was recalled....I think maybe there was some type of bacteria in the liquid that made people sick. (I'm thinking parents were just tired of cleaning their white sinks!)

I quickly went to the Listerine website as soon as I heard that they were giving refunds. I went to the link and was happy to see that I did not have to give them my blood, sweat and tears to get my money back. I downloaded the form that was required:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Like I said; the instructions seemed easy enough to follow...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I went ahead and grabbed my bottle...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I began to try to get the label off of the bottle with my thumbnail...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I tried for a good fifteen minutes and I only managed to get up a mediocre amount of the label...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since that was not working I decided to try to get it off by using the edge of my scissors...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And after trying that for five minutes and getting nowhere...I decided to break out the big guns...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay...okay...I really didn't use the butcher knife. After going back to using my thumbnail (and wasting another ten minutes of my life doing so...), I finally had gotten the damn thing off...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the end, sweat may have been involved in the whole label removing process. Tears too...from all of the frustration. I am - however - happy to report that there was no blood involved. (There probably would've been some blood if I didn't get the label off in another minute or two.)

All of it was worth every penny of the $3.00 (?) - minus the stamp - that I will get back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't get hurt, Lisa! I did mine by phone - much easier! I don't think anyone got sick from the product - they just decided that a preservative in it wasn't good enough for preventing bacteria growth.
Bren

6:51 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I didn't even think about calling. It would've saved me a whole lot of frustration, but then I wouldn't have anything to write about. lol

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home