Don't forget to put the seat down...

Warning To The Grammarically Correct: If it just bothered you that I wrote "Grammarically", you may as well leave now because my grammar gets even worse.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land of Runny Noses, Flatulence, Bugs and Plenty of Roads....d

I'm a wife and mom to three boys. I love everything 80's, anything chocolate and loathes politics. I like to run for fun (preferably NOT in the hot, hot sun)....

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Can I Borrow Some Thumbtacks...?

Since I usually do my worse snacking/eating at work - and since I've already had three chocolate chip cookies that a co-worker brought in today, I decided to root though my desk and dust off a picture of myself from December 2003. Now this is a 'pre-South Beach diet and exercise' me. (I'm pretty sure you all can figure would which one would be me...) It's hard to believe that it's been almost three years since this picture was taken...it seems like only yesterday.

So I'm in the process of finding some thumbtacks and once I do, I'm gonna hang this baby right by my desk. Yeah, yeah...some people have pictures of themselves from vacations or family pictures around their desks. What am I going to have?

A fat picture.

It's such an eye-opening reminder to myself of how far I've come. It shows me that a whole lot of hard work and dedication can pay off. It's also a reminder to myself that I never want to be like that again....not only because I was obese, but because I was just so depressed as a result of my weight. It's like looking at a whole other person now. When I see this picture - I mean when I REALLY see this picture - I can't help but to gaze into this person's eyes and see her sadness.

Well, most of that weight is gone and so is the sadness. I wish I could say the same about those damn chocolate chips cookies....

Come on New Years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home